Saturday, April 4, 2009

Pink Strawberry Short Cake

Okay, I lied when I said I need a break from the sweets....or perhaps 1 day is quite enough, haha! Well, life's a little sweeter when you get your sugar fix, aren't it. No no, it's not something chocolate again, just a "perk up" strawberry shortcake. I looked at the recipe book with the cake, the icing on it is all pure and white...like the usual strawberry shortcake that is. Then I thought, why not add a little color to it. And since pink is my 2 daughter's favorite color, I just went for it. If any one of you out there feel it's way too sweet to look at, I do apologies, in my household, there's is really nothing short of pink sweetness! If you get to see my girlies wardrobe particularly, I think 80% is pink! haha!
Anyway I made this cake mainly because I have a tub of swiss buttercream left over from my fondant decoration the other day, still seatting in my refrigerator and did not know what to do with it. So I just baked a 6" vanilla sponge cake and decorated it with my buttercream. which I tinted with pink food coloring. BTW, I had fun decorating it!

A close look at a slice of the cake. Noticed I sandwiched thin slices of fresh strawberries in the middle layer of the cake to add more texture and flavor. I was glad that my girls enjoyed the cake....mission accomplished! ;)

3 comments:

Kitchen Corner said...

Yes, this is definately a pretty short cake. Who don't like it? I like it anyway!

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Thanks Grace...so you going to the blogger's potluck party?

Elyse said...

Yum! What a pretty looking cake. I love that you dyed the frosting pink. So great!! Looks delicious. I'd love a piece right now.