You know there are times when you have stuff that you know if you don't do it, you'll be itching to get it done...even if you know in your heart that it is not at all important? Haha, that's me alright, I knew there are stuff more important for me tend to, but somehow I kind of brush those to the back of my mind first. And I know if I don't do this bake, I'll be thinking about it for the rest of the week! *a little crazy right?* Okay, enough discussion about my sanity, here it is, the Chocolate chiffon cake that I have been wanting to make, haha!
I merely modified the pandan chiffon recipe that I made to make it into Chocolate flavor. Here is my version of my Chocolate Chiffon:
Ingredients for Chocolate Chiffon Cake:
Egg yolk mixture:
5 egg yolks
125ml fresh chocolate milk (I used Magnolia full cream)
2 tsp chocolate emuclo
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
4 tbsp corn oil
75g caster sugar
110g cake flour
20g unsweeten cocoa powder
30g dark chocolate shavings
Egg white mixture:
5 egg whites
1/4tsp cream of tartar
100g caster sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients except the chocolate shavings for egg white mixture and beat till everything is blended in. Add the chocolate shavings and stir till incorporated.
- In another large mixing bowl, add the egg whites and beat till frothy. Add cream of tartar and sugar and continue to beat for another 4 to 5 minutes at high speed till the mixture is shiny and firm peaks. (Lift your beater to check, if the egg white stands when the beater is lifted upside down, it's good)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Gently fold in the egg white mixture into the egg yolk mixture in 3 separate portions.
- Pour the batter into a 9" tube pan and bake in the oven for 40 to 45 mins.
- Immediately invert the whole tube pan with the cake once out of the oven and let cool.
- Only when the cake is completely cool then remove it from the tube pan. Cut and serve.
Anyway, with that done, I was pretty satisfied....but just when I thought so, my elder daughter came to me and asked "Ma, how come you never make Strawberry cake?" (she loves strawberries) Oh dear....does that mean I need to make Strawberry Chiffon now? Haha! O well...we'll see, anyway, need to catch up with my sleep, have been tending every night to my younger girl as she's got a cough going on, kept waking up. Cheerio fellows!