Saturday, January 10, 2009

Chocolate Marble Bread with Ganache

My little ones has been bugging me to bake a cake for them. So I searched through my recipe booklet and found this quick loaf bread. Okay, the name may sound a little misleading, it's not yeast bread we're talking here but a cake loaf. I would say this is close to butter or pound cake but slightly less butter in it. I found this recipe in Martha Stewart website.

It's relatively easy to make so I thought why not give it a shot. By the way, I half the recipe using a mini loaf pan instead. Feel free to make the whole recipe.

After you have went through making the cake batter, you should note that there are basically four steps that needs to be followed to get the marble patterns in the cake and also assembling the ganache on it.
  • Step A: Alternating the white and chocolate batter. I did chocolate, white and chocolate again. Lastly stir gently using a table knife in the middle of the pan to create some patterns. Put in oven and bake.
  • Step B: Let cake cool complete in the pan itself before adding the chocolate ganache.
  • Step C: Spread ganache evenly over the cooled cake. (Mine was not done nicely, so it's not so smooth on the surface) Place whole cake in pan to refrigerator to set the ganache.
  • Step D: Remove cake from fridge, then from the pan. gently remove the parchment paper.
Let the cake get back to room temperature before you cut and serve, else the ganache might crack. And the cake tastes more soft too.

Hope you all that tried making this Marble cake will enjoy it as much as my girls did. :)

No comments: