So here is the guilt free chocolaty treats that I have been wanting to try for the longest time. :) I guess many bakers are actually venturing into this area since many of us are more health conscience nowadays. And substituting some of the ingredients from the usual recipe, we can convert these everyday recipes into more healthy versions. I guess we just need to experiment it and see how it taste haha! Well, today this Vegan Tofu Brownies is one of them successful experimented recipe which I will be sharing with everyone! Excited!
Ingredients for Vegan Tofu Brownies (makes 4" by 6")
250g firm tofu
120g brown sugar (I used 100g)
100g dark chocolate (65% cocoa), melted
50ml coconut oil
100ml fresh chocolate milk
80g cake flour
40g wholewheat flour
15g cocoa powder (I used Valrohna 55% cocoa)
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp baking soda
100g Toasted walnuts
100g dark chocolate chunks
- In the blender, add the tofu, coconut milk and zap till smooth
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease & line a 4" by 6" cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a heat proof bowl, add in milk and sugar and cook at low heat or microwave the mixture till slightly bubbly on the side. Stir till sugar has melted in.
- In a large mixing bowl add in the tofu mixture, then add in the chocolate milk mixture and stir till well incorporated.
- Then sift in both flours, salt and baking soda into the tofu milk mixture till everything comes together into a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Now put in the walnut chunks all over the batter, pushing in some and leaving some over the top of the batter. Do the same for the chocolate chunks.
- Bake in the oven for a good 28-30minutes. DO NOT over bake.
- Remove from oven and let cool on rack before slicing and noming haha!
Moist chocolaty goodness that uses no egg, no butter and lesser sugar, how much better can it get!! Haha! Love the addition of the extra walnut and the chocolate chunks,giving it more texture and creamy chocolate goodness.
Okay, goodnight everyone! Hope you have dreams as sweet as these yummy brownies heehee