Thursday, January 15, 2009

Chocolate Chips Oatmeal Cookies

I have 3 cookie "monsters" in my household; my husband and my girls of course. So I'm always looking for good cookie recipes. This particular one that incorporates oatmeal in but it's not the usual chewy texture, it's actually crisp and slight chewy when it cools. And of course, not forgetting our family favorite ingredient, chocolate, haha. ;)
It's also a better snack for my girls to bring to school then those store bought food. I got this recipe from one of my favorite bake site; www.joyofbaking.com. But I made some modifications to it, so here is my version, feel free to double the recipe:

Ingredients:
150g quick oats
170g unsalted butter @ room temperature

100g light brown sugar
120g plain flour

1/2 of a large egg

1 tsp vanilla essence

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp cinnamon powder

1/2 tsp salt

60g good quality chopped chocolate chunks
Italic
Method:
  • Cream together butter and brown sugar in large mixing bowl till creamy and well mixed.
  • Add vanilla essence and half of the egg and beat well till incorporated.
  • Sift together, flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda together and add into the butter mixture and mix well.
  • Add quick oats and chopped chocolate and stir till all blended.
  • Line a baking pan with parchment paper and preheat oven to 180°C.
  • Using one teaspoon amount to make smaller cookies and allow 2 inch space allowance when placing the cookie on pan since it spreads when bake.
  • Bake cookie @ 180°C for 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool on rack.
Keep in air-tight container and it will stay crisp for at least 3 days. Next time I would add chopped macadamia nuts to add more texture to it. ;)
Don't you want one of these!! Get baking now...it's really good with a glass of cold milk. ;)

Moooooo....got milk?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cookies look really yummy I bet they are too. It is just the right size for a light snack.

Honey Bee Sweets said...

They are! And thanks for your compliments.