Ingredients for Filling:
100g of grated fresh coconut
1 1/2 tsp of sugar
2 tbsp of water
100g of gula melaka
1 tsp of butter
1/2 tbsp of cornflour mixed 2 tbsp of water
Ingredients for Crepe:
1/4 cup (30g) of all purpose flour
1 egg lightly beaten with 1 tbsp of milk
100ml of fresh milk
1/2 tbsp of melted butter
1 tsp of sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tsp green pandan essence (or 1 tsp vanilla essence plus green food coloring)
Method for Filling:
- In a small pot, add both sugars and water. Boil until the sugar dissolved.
- Add the grated coconut and stir until it soaks in most of the sugar syrup, continue to cook for another 1 minute.
- Add butter and stir till melt, then add the cornflour mixture and cook until thickens.
- Let cool before wrapping in the crepe.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the center, pour in the beaten egg, melted butter and the milk.
- Using a whisk to make sure the batter has no clumps. Add green pandan essence to the batter and mix well.
- Heat up a pan with a little oil at low heat, spoon 1/4 cup of crepe batter into it. Cook for about 1.5 minutes on each side, making sure not to brown it.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up. Let crepes cool slightly before wrapping with the coconut filling.
- Place a cooled crepe on a plate, spoon 2 tbsp of coconut filling in the center, as shown below.
- Roll it up like a spring roll, repeat with the rest of crepes and filling.
Note that my recipe is in small amount. You can double it if you are making it more a bigger group of people. Enjoy!