I have been making this simple dish but haven't got the chance to pen it down. Actually got this inspiration from none other then MASA himself, (ahem...that handsome Japanese chef). It was from his latest cookbook "Hello, MASA! Can you teach me how to cook". This particular cookbook has a good collection of simple gourment dishes for busy people to cook up within 30 minutes. And this Spaghetti Frittata is just one of them. Since I was making for 4 people, I up the recipe and added nore seasoning to the recipe. Since my kids are such pasta fans, I knew this dish was gonna be a winner. ;9
This simple dish consist of carb, protein and vegetables...really a complete meal on its own! So busy mums, do try this out, I can guarantee you the kids will love this. ;) Now let's check out what we need for this dish.
Ingredients for Spaghetti Frittata (serves 3-4 pax)
|Note that the ingredients amount is more then shown above.|
200 g dried Capellini pasta (Thinner the usual spaghetti)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
2 - 3 smoked sausages, cut into bitesize
100 g fresh broccoli floretts
5 tbsp fresh corn (I use half of a corn's)
5 large eggs
6-8 cherry tomatoes, cut half
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp Hondashi powder
2 slices of Cheddar cheese
- First you bring a pot of water to boil. Add in the pasta to cook till al dente.
- Next drain off the water and place the pasta in a mixing bowl. Add the oilve oil in, toss to coat it, so it won't stick together and form a big lump.
- In a saute pan, add in 1 tbsp cooking oil and garlic over medium low fire. Cook till it is aromatic, then add in the sausages. Stir fry awhile till you see the sausages are slight golden brown then add the broccoli florets.
- Next, add in the butter and sweet fresh corn. Cook till the butter melted and the corn is soften a little. Remove from fire and set aside while you prepare the pasta and egg mixture.
- At this point, crack the eggs in to a mixing bowl, add in salt, pepper and the Hondashi powder. Mix well and then pour it over the reserved pasta. Then add the whole egg and pasta mixture over the sauteed vegetables.
- Arrange the vegetables so they are evenly spread out. Add in the tomato halves.
- Tear up the cheddar cheese slices and place evenly throughout the whole frittata. Cover the pan and cook at low fiire for a good 6-8 minutes, till the cheese is all melted in.
- Let the frittata cool slightly before slicing it to serve.
Tadah! A meal prep easily in 30 minutes or less! Simple right? Plus it is something even the picky eaters will enjoy...okay maybe you might need to change some of the ingredients, but you get the idea. ;)
Do try this out and let me know how it turn out for you. Or tag me in Instagram @HoneyBeeSweets.Sg for me to check out. ;)
Have a good one guys!