This is the 3rd Pandan bread recipe on my blog. Well, as I always say, you can never have too much of a good thing...especially bread. :) And since this recipe is much simpler from the Pandan Kaya Twist Loaf and Pandan Kaya Loaf with crumble topping, it is very much what the title says...Simply a Pandan loaf. You can add on them nicknacks you desire on the bread after it is baked. ;) For now, lets get on with the basics, baking that pandan bread.
Ingredients for Pandan Loaf (makes a 5X4X9")
250g bread flour
3g instant dry yeast
1 large egg
110 ml pandas water
- Snip 10 pandan leaves, (preferbly old pandans that are much darker in green) into smaller pieces. Then place then in a blender with 150 ml water, blend at high speed for a couple minutes. Mixture will be chocky and thick. Squeeze through a cloth sieve. Let mixture sit in the fridge for 4 hours to a day. The thicker pandas solution will decand to the bottom. Carefully drain off the top water, leaving about 100-110 ml of the mixture left.
45g caster sugar
2 g salt
5 g instant active yeast
20 ml organic coconut oil
20 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- In a mixer bowl, add in all the above ingredients excpet the butter. Knead at medium speed till it becomes very elastic and pulls away clean from the mixing bowl. This will take about 8-10 minutes with a couple minutes of break in between.
- Once the dough is pulling away clean from the bowl, add in the room temperature butter. Continue to knead till it reaches window panel.
- Let dough proof in a greased bowl, covered, till it doubles in size. Will take about 1 to 1.5hrs.
- Just before you shape the dough, preheat the oven to 170C and grease the loaf pan.
- Punch out the air and divide the dough into 3 equal portions, which is appromixmately 200 g to 210 g each.
- Flaten each poriton and roll into a rectangular shape. Then folding in from the shorter side into a swiss roll form. Place the dough into the prepared loaf pan. Repeat for the rest of the dough.
- Cover and let proof till it reaches to 90% of the loaf pan. Feel free to brush some eggwash over the bread top, I usually don't. Then bake in the preheated oven for 28-30 minutes uncovered.
- Once bakes, remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. The remove from the pan and let cool on the rack completely.
Bought a bunch of stuff from this new online shopping website GoBuyLah.sg. And was so excited to find a new spice and nuts mini blender at a decent price. And that super cute HK digital weighing machine. And that quality organic coconut oil was perfect baking companion that will make your bakes super aromatic. ;)
Loving the fluffy texture...do try it out and let me know how you like it. ;)