Got this recipe from one of my favorite cook book, "爱上牛油蛋糕", in English simply "I Love Butter Cake" by Kevin Chai. I made some changes to the Banana Butter cake recipe and added finely chopped dark chocolate to it and it becomes a favorite. I like to make it into mini cupcakes as my little ones say it's the right size for them, haha.Ingredients
250g caster sugar
1/4 teaspoon of salt
250g banana puree
1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
250g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate powder
(optional)150g of dark chocolate chips ( I use chocolate bars and chop it into small bits)
1) Grease and line a 20am / 8 inch baking pan. Preheat oven to 175C.
2) Beat butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
3) Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
4) Add in the banana puree and vanilla essence, fold in sifted flour, baking powder and bicarbonate powder. Mix until well blended. Fold in the chocolate chips. Spread into prepared pan.
5) Decorate with banana slices on the top if desired. Bake in the oven for 35 to 40mins, using a tooth pick to test, if tooth pick comes out clean, it's cooked.
Note: Recipe can be halved, just use 2 large eggs or 3 smaller ones.