Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Roasted Peanut Thumbprint Cookies

Everyday my girls will bring their own snacks to school to munch on during their break time. If I do not have time to bake anything for them to bring, they usually settle with some store bought biscuits or cookies. Not really that healthy because you do not know exactly what preservatives they put in the product. Especially after the China milk powder scare...I believe everyone is more skeptical nowadays when they shop in the stores and what they feed their little ones. So I always try to make a point to bake homemade cookies for my little girls to enjoy. So I really count myself lucky to be a stay-home mum, so I have more time at hand to do these little things for the children. :)

This recipe was actually inspired by "Joy the Baker" whom recently posted this delicious recipe, Honey Roasted Peanut Thumbprint Cookies . It looked so yummy and the idea of adding roasted peanut is great because it adds fragrance and extra texture to the cookies.And since I do not have honey roasted peanuts, I settled with regular roasted peanuts and glad I did because I do not need the extra sweetness in the cookies. The filling already adds enough sweetness to it.

As you can see, I have 3 different fillings for the cookies; Chocolate ganache, Strawberry jam and also blueberry jam. Of course that goes without saying that my favorite filling is chocolate ganache. :) The cookies are light and yet with a crunch texture from the roasted peanut, and go well with any sweet filling of your choice, yum-o!
My girls love the jam filled cookies, especially the strawberry ones. They ate 3 cookies in a row each after their lunch. :) I guess I have to thank my dear friend (EP) for giving this delicious homemade jam to me. Homemade with love really has it's quality in it. ;)

All nicely packed away for now. Looks likes a lot..but it will be gone in a flash, I can guarantee that. :) Try it and you will know what I mean. :) Interested bakers can simply go to the above mentioned link to get the recipe.

9 comments:

Kitchen Corner said...

These cookies look tasty! I would love to try. May I know how is the texture? Crunchy or melt in the mouth one? Thanks for sharing!

ReeseKitchen said...

OMG....I want these.....:)
Looks so yummy...hope i can have a bite now...hee hee!

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Hi Grace,
These cookies melt in your mouth when you bite into it but it leaves a crunchy behind from the roasted peanuts. ;) Well I guess it all depends how finely you ground the peanuts. Yes, do try it, it's yummy! ;)

Hi ReeseKitchen,
Heehee, hope you like it! It is very yummy. ;)

ReeseKitchen said...

Eating now...hmm...so nice! I love the strawberry jam one, the taste is just right! Thank you so much...:)

Honey Bee Sweets said...

You are definitely most welcome Reese. :) Glad u like it. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Gosh, you still have the jam?
Safe to eat after so long ah?

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Heehee, no worries larr Ee Peng. Since you gave me, I never opened it and I already left it in the fridge. Jam is a dense substance..I reckon it will not spoil so easily if you keep in the colder part of your fridge. It taste great btw!

Sweet Tooth said...

The cookie first melt in your mouth with abundant taste of peanut. Then you get to enjoy the crunch and fragrant of the peanut bits. After that, the sweet filling begins to wrap taste bud. Awesome cookie.

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Thanks so much Sweet Tooth! Super happy you like it. ;D Perhaps next time I should try roasted Almonds yah?