The discovery of another great bread recipe calls for a post. :P I guess this will be never ending, but I don't think anyone is complaining, hah! You can never have too much of good soft yummy bread for sure. But I shall keep this one super short since I really didn't expect to blog about it in the first place. :P
This is such an easy recipe, much like the white bread loaf I posted a few days back. Straight dough method with no special gimmicks. Let's take a look at the ingredients needed. ;)
Ingredients for Wholewheat Bread Buns (makes 8" by 8" baking tray - 9 buns)
215 g bread flour
85 g whole wheat flour (I use Organic version, look here for the picture)
35 g caster sugar
1 egg + milk (210 ml)
4 g salt
5 g instant active yeast
1/4 cup white sesame seeds
30 g unsalted butter at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 170C and grease a 8" by 8" baking tray. No parchment paper is needed.
- Roll the dough round and seal in any loose bits. Then dip the top of the dough on to the sesame seeds. Then place the dough, sesame seed side up into the prepared baking tray. Repeat till all the dough is used.
- Let it proof for another 30 to 40 minutes or till it rises to the top.
- Bake in the oven for 28 minutes till golden brown. If top turns brown too quickly, cover with aluminium foil.
- Once baked, remove from oven and also from the baking tray immediately. Cool on the rack.
So happy with the result! Soft and fluffy and good for sweet or savoury accompaniment in your meals. I had it for my lunch with pulled pork and made an awesome burger!
If you follow me on Instagram, you would have probably saw these photos. :P If not come join me at @Honeybeesweets.sg. You can also catch a video I posted there on how I tear up the soft buns. :P It's all good...just to test the texture haha!
More fluffiness please...
This bread took me 3 hours top from beginning to end to bake up. So plan your baking time properly and you can get it on the dinner table sooner then you expected!
One last shot which was taken the next day. Yes still soft and yummy. I am sure it will still be good the next day, else a quick steam or light toast will make it even better. :9
Hope you all will give this a try and let me know or show me when you do!
Happy baking and remember to keep doing what you LOVE!