Wow, I am surprise that I am blogging two days in a row! Haha! The fact of the matter is I really love this recipe so I have to record it down on my blog before it's gone. :P What recipe? A comforting spicy dish that every household should have... Chicken Curry ...with noodles! Yeah Chicken Curry Mee. I am sure many of us have seen and tasted it before, be it Penang style or local Singapore style, everyone has their own rendition. Well, so long as it taste good, that's all that matters right? ;)
Plus the change of weather lately, having this on rainy nights is just so shiok!
Oh man, when I cooked this, I seriously didn't think it will turn out so good. :D It's like striking a jackpot! Lol! Anyway, the whole family loved it, even my kids who can't really take spicy food! Yay!
Okay! Let's get cooking! Here are ingredients we need for this yummeh curry mee. :9
Oopsie, I missed out the Sing Long Chilli Sauce in this ingredients photo. :P Anyway, you can click on the name to see how it looks like. :)
Recipe for Chicken Curry Mee (Serves 3-4)
6 garlic gloves
1 large red onion
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
2-3 tbsp Sing Long Chilli Sauce
- Blend everything together till smooth. Set aside for use later.
1.5 kg Chicken, cut into smaller pieces
2 lemongrass stalks, bruised with the back knife
3" thick young ginger, sliced thinly
4-5 Kaffir Lime leafs
1 package (200ml) coconut cream/milk
300 ml water
1 tsp chicken seasoning
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
2 pandan leafs
2 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
5 fried beancurd (dao pok), sliced smaller
5-8 large shrimps, peeled and devined
1 pack of egg noodles
1 Japanese cucumber, julienned
Salt, sugar to taste
- In a large bowl, place the cut chicken pieces in. Add in the paste and mix in so that all the chicken pieces are coated with the paste (as seen above). Let it marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Next in a heavy cooking pot, add 2 tsp of cooking oil over medium low fire. Add in lemongrass, young ginger and kaffir lime leafs. Cook for a couple minutes until aromatic.
- Next add in the marinated chicken pieces in paste. Cook at medium fire for 5 minutes till most of the chicken has turned opaque.
- Add in water, chicken seasoning, coconut milk and ketchup. Give it a stir and let it boil. Add in pandan leafs, salt and sugar.
- Next add in cubed potatoes, fried beancurd and give it a good stir. Let it come to a boil, then reduce the fire to a simmer. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, parboil the egg noodles in a pot of boiling water. Drain and divide the noodles in serving plates.
- Taste test the curry and add more water if needed if there is not enough gravy. Ladle chicken pieces and gravy over egg noodles and top it with some julienned cucumber. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
I am just glad I cooked this, and more glad I posted this. Will definitely cook this dish again. :9 You can change to serving this with baguette or bee hoon...which ever you fancy. ;) Most importantly, cook your yummy curry mee and eat it too! Enjoy!
Have a good night all!