Hope everyone out there is getting their well deserved break during this school holiday. ;) I just got back from a short trip and was really glad to meet up with two of my dear friends whom I haven't seen for 1/2 year. Although it's just for a few days, we still manage to catch up and had fun at the same time. Not to mention our kids played their hearts out and didn't turn in until the wee hours every night. Hopefully we will get to do this again real soon. *fingers crossed*
Just before I left for this trip, I met up with my sisters at my mum's. Have been wanting to bake something nice for them but just didn't get the chance. So I grabbed this opportunity to try out a new recipe and gave them a small treat. ;) A nice recipe adapted from Carol 自在生活, Cheesy Waffle Bites (一口松饼).
Please pardon the uneven coloring of the waffles...should really get a good waffle maker, *sigh*. (-_-") Also, I think I have made mine a little bigger then the original recipe, haha! Regardless of that, the taste of this mini bites was not compromised. ;) It was deli-sh and addictive! My first reaction after tasting the first one was "Why didn't I make more?!" To think that I already doubled the original recipe! Anyway, here it is:
Ingredients for Cheesy Waffle Bites (一口松饼): (makes about 24-26)
200g cake flour, sifted
80g powdered sugar
100g unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
20g grated Parmesan cheese
20g milk powder
50g whole beaten egg
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the flour, powered sugar, milk powder and cheese in. Stir in to mix well.
- Then add in the chilled cubed butter and rub it in with your fingers. When the mixture resembles bread crumbs, you can then add in the beaten egg.
- Stir well to form a soft pitiable dough. At this point you can either chill or work with it right away. Divide the dough into small ball portions of about 1.5cm diameter. (I didn't measure exactly, so it turned out bigger. :P)
- Preheat your waffle maker and grease the surface if needed.
- Then place each "joint" of the waffle maker a dough portion and close the cover.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes and open the cover. Remove and let cool on rack. Repeat till all the dough portions are cooked.
These cheesy waffle bites really live up to it's name, it literally melt in the mouth! 真的入口就松！My kids love these, snacking on it one after another. ;) I love them too, but vow to add more cheese the next round, perhaps double it to make it extra cheesy, heehee! In fact these taste like cookies more then the usual fluffy waffles we know. ;)
All packed and ready to be given away and share with my sisters. How about you try it out yourself? I am sure it's a nice treat for yourself too, a yummy afternoon tea snack. :)
Okay, got to run! Have a great day everyone!