Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Dim Sum @ Restaurant Lai Po Heen @ Mandarin Oriental Hotel

Went for dim sum with my family last Sunday @ Restaurant Lai Po Heen @ Mandarin Oriental Hotel next to KLCC. The dinning hall has quite a nice ambiance to it. And it's Halal too, meaning no pork! Imagine that, all those dumplings and BBQ buns, made with chicken meat. Well, I guess I didn't really missed the pork just this once.

Here are some of the dishes that we ordered. Egg Tart & Century egg porridge. I like the egg tart, the light and creamy custard center with flaky crust on the outside, and it's not too sweet. However the porridge is a bit blunt for my taste buds.
On the left below is glutinous rice with BBQ chicken inside. The rice is pretty flavorful but I guess the BBQ chicken was a little on the salty side. BTW, I don't even remember the name of dish on the right side *haha*. The outside is fishcake, encasing some vegetables, i.e. strips of carrots, turnip etc. Overall it was okay...not something that I'll order again.
This is Ee Fu Noodle with shrimp roe and crab meat. We ordered this noodle for my 2 daughters...dim sum is not really their cup of tea. :-P The noodle was good, keep telling my 2nd one it's chicken, worry she might freak out if she knows it's crab meat, haha. Anyway should definitely learn how to cook this dish, my girls love Ee Fu noodle!Next is "feng zao" or chicken feet in other words. :) The feng zao is not soft enough, and tasted a little blunt too. There's a small fried butterfly bun on top, perhaps to soak up the sauce? But the sauce is not that good though.Last one is shrimp wrapped in fishcake(or shrimp cake) covered in almond flakes. The shrimp is fresh, but the fish/shrimp cake is much too chewy , but I like the texture that the crunchy almond flakes gives.Our bill comes to a total of RM$107 (plus tea, service & tax etc). Overall, I would give the restaurant a 6 out of 10 rating. Would I go back again? Perhaps... ,that is if I couldn't find a better Chinese restaurant to dine in and I would order a totally different set of dim sum the next time....to try new dishes!

Can't wait to try out this restaurant? Click here to check them out ....oh sorry they don't take reservations, first come first serve basis. ;-P

1 comment:

JoinMe said...

Hi HONEY BEE SWEETS,
Kindly be informed that this post has been reprinted on JoinMe.com.my, thanks. ^^
P/S: We have put your name and link credit back to this article.