I cannot remember when was the last time I posted a cookie recipe....that's bad. :P Especially since my kiddos are quite a fan of those home baked tollhouse like cookies. But being in this hot and humid country, cookies just makes me feel dry and heaty all inside. :P Hence I tend to opt for baking a cake verses baking cookies. Furthermore, getting the right texture for a good cookie ain't as easy as one thinks! Especially in this kind of humid country, the cookies will turn soft and miserable within hours. Perhaps the saving grace would be a cookie that still taste good even when it is soft and stays chewy after a day or two (if there's any left!). And guess what...I might have found THE COOKIE. ~happy dance~
So what's so special about these cookies you ask? Ohh almost everything about it. From the addition of cream cheese, the Oreo cookie chunks, Reese PB chocolate chips and of course the combination of it all to yield this wonderful piece of sweet indulgence. And of course this awesome recipe is adapted from one of my all time favourite baker, none other then Joy The Baker herself.
Let us have a look at those ingredients shall we and get that oven working!
Recipe for Oreo and Cream with Reese Chips Cookies (makes 18 to 20 medium to large cookies)
115 g cream cheese at room temperature (Please use Philadelphia brand, tastes better)
115 g unsalted butter at room temperature
220 g soft brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
195 g all purpose plain flour
60 g milk powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
160 g Oreo cookies (about 18 cookies), broken into smaller chunks
150 g Reese PB chocolate chips (or any chocolate chips you like)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter together till light and fluffy. Making sure there are no lumps after beating.
- Next add in the brown sugar and continue to beat till it is fluffy and creamy.
- Crack the egg in, add vanilla extract and continue to beat the mixture.
- In another bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and fold till all is well incorporated.
- Lastly, add in the Oreo chunks and Reese PB chocolate chips in. Fold in till combined.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for an hour or more. Overnight is fine too.
- After an hour, remove the dough from the fridge and preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and grease an ice cream scoop.
- Using the ice cream scoop, scoop the cookie batter on to the baking tray. Leaving about 2-3 inches apart from the other scooped cookie dough balls.
- Bake them in the preheated oven for 13-14 minutes to till the cookies are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the rack completely before serving. With milk!
My kids were the happiest that afternoon. They were so happy enjoying these delicious cookies.
Best enjoyed with a glass of cold creamy white milk. :9 My hubby even commented that these were the best cookies I have churned out. :D
Okay folks, do try this out. I personally love it to bits. Such a comforting treat to have and share with the love ones. Make this your weekend project, especially this long weekend!
Enjoy guys and happy baking!