It always amazes me whenever I discover a new dish that one can cook out of a HappyCall Pan. I myself have cooked a whole chicken in the pan for a good 20 minutes and it turn out perfect. I have also seen people "baking" a cake out of it. The last attempt was cooking a one pot pasta meal in the pan. Yes, all in the pan including the dried pasta! Quite fascinating I must say. And now I have discovered that I can cook pizza with it!
Thin crust with slight crunch on the edges, covered with creamy topping. I actually made two different pizzas, one seafood, one breakfast...let's see how I make them shall we?
Ingredients for One Pan Pizza (Using Happycall Pan or any non stick pan)
130g plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp instant active yeast
1 tsp honey
1 small onion, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
200 g tomato sauce (I use Hunts)
1 tbsp sugar
salt and pepper to taste
200g salmon slices
3 large prawns, peeled and deveined
1/2 zucchini, sliced
2 portobello mushroom, sliced
5 cherry tomatoes, cut half
100 g shredded mozzarella cheese
2 hash brown, pan fry till crunchy
1/2 zucchini, sliced
3 bacon strips,
1 large egg
- Heat up a sauce pot over medium low fire with 1 tsp of olive oil. Add in the onion and cook till soft and translucent. Add in minced garlic and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Pour the tomato sauce into the caramelised onions. Add sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Stir and cook till it simmers. Continue to cook for another couple minutes, remove from fire and set aside for use later.
- In a bowl, weigh out the flour, yeast and salt, set aside.
- Next, heat up the HappyCall pan at low fire. Add in the flour mixture, water and honey in to the pan. Stir together till it becomes a sticky soft dough.
- Spread it evenly over the pan surface.
- Next spread on the reserved tomato sauce over the dough.
- Now add all your toppings. Remember to season you salmon and prawns (light soy sauce, white pepper and a dash of sesame oil)
- Lastly, sprinkle salt and pepper for additional seasoning, a little olive oil if desired. Then sprinkle that mozzarella cheese.
- At this point with the fire still at low, cover the pan to cook for 5 mins. HappyCall pan will seal tight which allows better circulation of the heat and thus cooks are evenly and faster.
- After 5 minutes, open the pan just a little with a small gap. And cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and slice up to serve. Enjoy!
- If you are trying out the Breakfast Pizza, repeat the same steps as above to make the dough at the bottom. Spread the marinara sauce and then put all the toppings over it.
- Cover to cook for 5 minutes. Then open the pan cover, sprinkle the cheese and crack the egg over it.
- Now cover but leaving a small gap, cook for another 10 minutes. And then open up, you'll get this:
- Slice and serve while still warm. Enjoy!
Do try this out and let me know how you like it!
Happy day and cooking ahead all!