I have been meaning to post up a pizza recipe for the longest time. A good one that I always fall back to whenever I bake one for my kids. Well, today's THE day! I am sharing this easy, delicious and wholesome pizza recipe that I am sure even your family is gonna love it too. :9 Seafood Pizza On Wholewheat Sweet Potato Crust:
This right here is plain old family comfort food. I guess every mother has their own special recipe that they can cheer their own kids up whenever she whip it up in the kitchen. And this, I say is probably one of my kids' top favortites. :) Com-on ... which kid doesn't like pizza?
Bare in mind, this recipe serves as a basic guide which I am sure you can use the bread crust recipe and top it with another another ingredients you or your family fancy. :)
Let's have a look at the ingredients for my seafood pizza shall we?
Ingredients for Seafood Pizza (makes a 30-35cm diameter, serves 4 pax)
215g bread flour
60g wholewheat flour
50g sweet potato, peeled, steamed then blended till smooth
1/2 tsp salt
20g caster sugar
5g instant active yeast
20g olive oil
*Note the sweet potato is excellent in enhancing the bread texture.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in all the ingredients and knead together. I used my KitchenAid to do all the kneading, knead about 10 minutes.
- Once the dough is pulling away from the side of the bowl and it is very elastic, stop kneading.
- Let the dough proof in a greased bowl till it doubled in size. Takes about an hour.
200g salmon steak
5 large prawns, peeled and devined
salt, pepper and dash of sesame oil
5-6 crab-sticks, shredded
1 ripe avocado
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
50g unsalted butter
2 tbsp plain flour
180-200ml fresh milk
salt and pepper to taste
300g shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- In the meantime, prepare the topping while the pizza dough is proofing.
- Marinate the salmon steak and prawns with salt, pepper and a dash of sesame oil, set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a saute pan, add 1 tsp of olive oil and add the salmon steak in. Cook till golden and opaque.
- Next saute the prawns till pink and cooked through. Shred the crab sticks if you have not done so.
- In a small sauce pan over medium low fire, add in the butter. Once the butter melted and starts to bubble on the sides, add in the flour. Give it a good stir to mix in the flour and cook it.
- Once it is slightly thicken, slowly add in the milk and whisk well. The mixture will slowly thicken up in a few seconds, so DO NOT walk away. Add more milk if you find the mixture is too thick.
- Next you add in the seasoning, salt, pepper and stir well. So this is basically the Béchamel sauce that will be going on top of your pizza to go with the seafood. :) Set aside covered to be used later.
- At this point, the pizza dough should be ready. Check by poking the dough. If the hole stays and doesn't "bounce back", it is good to go.
- Press out the air and flatten the dough on a prepared baking tray lined with parchment paper. Press it to the thickness you desire, it will poof up a little after baked. Remember to leave a slightly thicker dough edge.
- Let the dough proof for 15 minutes before baking it. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 200C.
- After 15 minutes, bake the dough for 8 minutes till it is slightly golden brown on the outside. Remove from oven.
- At this point, you can add the toppings. First you spread the Béchamel sauce over the surface of the pizza leaving an inch on the sides not covered.
- Next you flake the salmon steak and sprinkle the meat all over the pizza top, followed by the prawns and crab sticks.
- Now you can cut the avocado, remove pit and scoop out the flesh. Slice the avocado into thin wedges. Then remember to give it a good squeeze of lemon juice to prevent it from browning.
- Place the avocado wedges on the pizza, follow by the two cheeses.
- Bake the pizza in the preheated oven at 200C for 10-12 minutes till the cheeses is golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
This is seriously delicious, I promise. :9 That crusty wholewheat bread topped with creamy béchamel sauce, and that sweet chunky seafood and cheesy mozaralle....no wonder my kids loved it so much. :D
Check out the sliced section. The fluffy pizza dough....yes it is wholewheat too. You won't want to miss out trying this out. :) If you do, let me know how it worked out for you! ;)
Alrighty, need to call it a night! Thanks for tuning in again. ;) Happy cooking or baking guys!