The next recipe in line is a simple Black Pepper Pork Rib soup with Green Marrow (黑胡椒排骨毛瓜湯). In my household, we always have soup on our dinner table...even though we are not Cantonese haha! It all started when my elder child being a picky eater while young. So having soup during mealtimes, especially good nutritious soup is essential. Well if the kid is not eating much, at least the soup will fill the belly and give some good nutrition. :)
I am always looking for easy soup recipes that not only is wholesome but tastes good as well. So it is actually great that Lee Kum Kee comes up with these ready pack soup base that makes our lives much easier during dinner preparations. Black pepper being the king of spices, contains a good source of many anti-oxidant vitamins such as vitamin-C and vitamin-A. And do you know that peppercorns composes of health benefiting essential oils such as piperine, an amine alkaloid, which gives strong spicy pungent character to the pepper.
Then start boiling some water in the pot. Once it boils, turn off the fire and par-boil the pork ribs.
Ingredients for Black Pepper Pork Rib soup with Green Marrow (黑胡椒排骨毛瓜湯)
250g spare pork ribs
1 pack of Lee Kum Kee Soup Base for Black Pepper and Pork Bone.
1 Green Marrow
1 medium to small carrot
150-200g fish paste
4 Tau pok (fried beancurd skin)
- Cut the Tau pok diagonally into two triangles and slit the cavity without cutting all the way through. Then gently stuffed the fish paste into the cavity. Chill in the fridge till needed.
- Heat up some water in the pot and par-boil the pork ribs. Remove the water and refill with fresh water and add in the Lee Kum Kee Black pepper pork bone soup base in and give it a good stir to mix in the paste.
- Up the heat and bring to a boil, then lower the fire to a simmer. Simmer for 15minutes.
- In the meantime, peel and cut the vegetables into chunks as shown above.
- Add the stuffed tau pok and vegetables in and again bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to medium and small bowl for 5 minutes.
- Off the fire and serve while still hot. Enjoy!
Hopefully you will give this recipe a try, I personally love it very much. Happy boiling!