I am sure everyone has decisions to make everyday in their lives. Whether it is BIG or small , the outcome may just be a life altering turn for us. Okay, I am not talking about choosing eggs or toast for breakfast kind of thing here, but decisions like to continue a career path or choosing the education system for the children or even to sell or rent your house etc. Lately my husband and I are under major pressure on making such decisions. *sigh* It's so haunting for me that I could hardly sleep in some nights or even wake up in the middle of the night thinking about it! I know, some people will be like "Heck it! Live life as it comes man!" But seriously, I can't. I believe life is what you make it and the choices you make everyday. Furthermore I'm that kind of person that thinks too much into things and slightly paranoia.
Deep in my heart, I know no matter how much I hate coming to a final decision, it will still involve heartaches and loss. *sigh* So I pray everyday, hoping everything will turn out for the best, no matter which path we choose.....so please give me strength!!
Sorry for been so "heavy-hearted" today, but these issues have been bothering me and I just need to let it out, thanks for patiently staying on and reading my problems. ;) Anyway, I should probably get on with my post and not bore everyone any longer! ;-P Today I really needed some major comfort food....need I say more my friend? It's none other then the classic rich, fudgy chocolate brownie, THE best remedy for anxiety, lack of sleep and indecisiveness, haha!
I extracted this recipe from Essential of Baking from William Sonoma, but made changes to it to suit my taste buds. ;)
Ingredients for Rich Chocolate Brownie:
185g quality unsweetened chocolate (I used 85% Lindt instead)
185g unsalted butter
3 large eggs
300g caster sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
155g all purpose flour
1 cup mini chocolate chips / quality chopped semisweet chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Butter, then line with parchment and butter again a 8inch by 8inch square baking tin.
- Place the chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler placed over barely simmering water. Heat, stirring often until the butter and chocolate has melted. Remove and let cool.
- In a large mixing bow, beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt till well blended.
- Sprinkle all of the flour over the egg mixture and stir till everything is incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips and stir well.
- Pour batter into prepare tin and bake in the oven for 30 to 33 minutes. Do not over bake as it will become dry and the cake will not yield a fudgy texture.
- Remove from oven and leave on rack to cool before slicing. Enjoy!
Bittting into one of these rich, chocolaty cake really transport me far away from my troubles...well at least for that few minutes, haha! Okay, I'm not that kind of people that likes to run away from problems, but being able to enjoy that few moments of blissfulness is sweet! It's really quite heavenly, my kind of comfort food! Try it and you will know what I mean. ;)