110g of plain flour
30g of caster sugar
1/2 tsp of salt
1 tbsp of baking powder
180ml of buttermilk
1 large egg
40g of melted unsalted butter, cooled
- In a large mixing bowl, sift in flour, salt and baking powder. Then using a whisk, mix in the sugar until all blended.
- In another bowl, lightly beat the egg, then add buttermilk and melted butter and mix till all blended.
- Heat up your pancake griddle with some cooking oil.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently mix with the whisk. Do not over mix, it's okay to leave small bumps in the batter. Over mixing the batter will not yield a fluffy and light pancake later.
- Ladle some batter to the griddle and cook until you see tiny bubble on the surface of the pancake and the sides of the pancake is dry. Flip the pancake and cook for another 1 minute.
- When done, remove from pan and serve warm with maple syrup or butter. Fresh fruits like strawberries or blueberries will be a delightful compliments to the pancakes too.
I have added mini chocolate chips into my girls' pancakes and some fresh strawberries on the side.