As for the sweet bun dough, it was quite a good recipe, it turns out that the bread was still soft even on the third day when I had it for breakfast! So will definitely keep this recipe for future use. ;) Anyway, here is the recipe:
Ingredients for Sweet Bread:
175g bread flour
75g cake flour
55g caster sugar
40g egg (about 1 large egg)
70g fresh milk
45g heavy cream
20g unsalted butter, room temperature
5g of milk powder
5g of instant yeast
½ tsp Salt
- In a large mixing bowl, place bread flour, cake flour, sugar, yeast, salt and milk powder in, mix well until all incoroperated.
- In another bowl, add lightly beated egg, heavy cream and milk, stir to mix well.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and add liquid mixture into the well. Stir till everything comes together to form a dough.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes when it feels less sticky.
- Add the soften butter to the dough and continue to knead till dough is smooth and pulls away from the work surface easily. Roll it into a ball.
- Place dough into a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let proof for at least 1½hr to 2hrs.
- After proofing, punch down the dough and roll out on a lightly floured work surface and divide dough evenly, about 50g piece. (more or less is up to your preference)
- Flatted each piece of dough with the heel of your palm and place a heaping tablespoon of red bean filling in the center, as shown below:
- Seal up the dough neatly and roll the dough gently with your palms to make it nice and round. Repeat with the rest of the dough pieces and filling.
- Place the dough in baking pan to let proof for at least 1hr before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Brush the surface of the buns with simple egg wash (1 egg + 1 tbsp milk/cream).
- Bake the buns for 20 to 25 minutes or till the tops are golden brown.