Monday, June 29, 2009

Savory Steam Yam Cake

Hey, have you catch the Transformer squeal, Revenge of the Fallen yet? Well, I did. Went last Saturday with my husband for a late night show. Overall a great movie, action packed and not a dull moment. This time there is also more comedy involved, so be prepared to laugh your head off. But I am sure you know this is really a guy's show, giant transforming robots, gorgeous leading actress, war scenes and lots of actions. But for me, it's still nice to catch a movie with my husband even it has more entertaining value for him. ;) Okay besides that, I love Optimus Prime...he's really cool, haha! So verdict is, it's a pretty entertaining movie, go watch it!

Back to my post today. Went to the grocery store this morning and saw some really fresh yam (taro) there. Simply cannot resist the temptation of buying it, so vow to make some delicious steam yam kueh today! Well, this is not the first time I made this recipe, which is adapted from my friend ReeseKitchen.

I did make minor changes to the recipe but mainly because the weight of the yam I bought was not the same as stated in the recipe. So interested bakers can proceed to the above link to check it out. ;)

Notice my kueh is like a 10" cake, haha. Yeah, I used my cake pan to steam it, figured it will be really nice in that shape also. So now u know why my post title says cake and not kueh, haha!Look carefully at the above picture, you will be able to see the fine chunks of yam. Yes, I used a whole lot of yam...super yammy & yummy, heehee. I love yam, whether sweet or savory dishes, it's has always been one of my favorite. ;D But this yam kueh is best eaten with your favorite chili sauce and sweet dark soy sauce. All these talking about the kueh is making me hungry again! Good thing I made quite a bit this time. Try it, I'm sure you'll like it!

6 comments:

ReeseKitchen said...

YES! Its very delicious....:) Cheryl & I finished up the whole thing!! Hahaha! Not a pc for my husband....;D Heehee!

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Haha, that's for making you wait this afternoon. ;D Actually should have pass to you more. Will do next time.

Kitchen Corner said...

Delicious Yam Cake. It's shaped and nicely steamed! I must learn how to make this but the thing is I'm quite lazy to cut the yam :P

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Hi Grace,
Actually you can use a grater to do the cutting. Will be easier and faster, but do be careful towards the end, might scratch the hand. ;P You are right, the most troublesome part is the cutting, other then that, it is really very easy to make, just mix, stir dry and steam. ;) Hope you'll find some time to do it, it's good. ;)

Sweet Tooth said...

It is indeed a Savory Delicacy. I shared the same liking on yam and with Chili this Yam cake give you a full dose of yam pleasure :-)

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Heehee, glad you like the yam cake as much as I do. I was worried you might have already got tired of it since I made so much this time. :D